One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She became fascinated by basket-making 16 years ago, when she saw her sister-in-law making a baby's cradle.’
- ‘The industrial therapy unit and occupational therapy unit provide training on crafts such as weaving, basket-making, soft toy making, tailoring and quilting.’
- ‘The exhibition at the Museum of Country Life offers the visitor the opportunity to view the modern developments of the ancient handcraft of basket-making in the context of the Museum's traditional basket collection.’
- ‘Demonstrations of the ancient crafts of butter and basket-making also drew much attention, as did the interesting demonstrations of haymaking, sheep shearing and other activities.’
- ‘She occasionally invited traditional experts to demonstrate basket-making, pottery, and weaving and insisted that her students be aware of the aesthetic value of local artifacts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.