One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A brittlestar having branched arms.
- ‘Huge cauliflower soft corals, basket stars and brightly coloured sponges seem to cover almost every centimetre of reef.’
- ‘The basket star, looking more like a soft coral with its delicate branching arms, reaches out into the current in search of its next meal.’
- ‘One site on the landward side of the fjord was an almost vertical wall leading down to a ledge at 30m, where we were told we should find large sea spiders and basket stars.’
- ‘Ophiuroids are a large group of echinoderms that includes the brittle stars and basket stars (Euryalida).’
- ‘By contrast with other echinoderm species, basket stars are unknown in storm drift lines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.