One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sword hilt with a guard resembling basketwork.
- ‘At about this time the full basket hilt was understandably made to be taken off the blade to allow the fitting of the cruciform hilt, for which the nut on top of the pommel may be noted.’
- ‘Swept-hilts, ring-hilts, cage-hilts, and some basket hilts are forms of complex-guard.’
- ‘His focus fell fully on the armed man carelessly waving his sword around-a thin blade with a gaudy basket hilt.’
- ‘The styles of swords developed throughout the Middle Ages to create a wide variety of sweeping hilts, cross hilts, and basket hilts.’
- ‘I'm aware that different fighters like to attach their basket hilts different ways, so I offer two styles of this hilt.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.