One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There were thirty-one basilican churches in Rome alone.’
- ‘Paired with the Labors of Adam and Eve in the British Library and Huntington Library Speculum books is an image of Noah's ark, a bargelike vessel with a basilican superstructure beneath a dove with outstretched wings.’
- ‘The building is basilican in plan with service spaces and exhibit spaces on either side of a central circulation spine.’
- ‘The religious structure, which from initial inspection measures about 15 meters [49.2 feet] wide, follows a basilican plan with no transept, a marble flooring, and a very beautiful mosaic.’
- ‘In 1989 the remains of a basilican drill and exercise hall was discovered, so far unique among the auxiliary forts of the Roman Empire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.