One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to St. Basil the Great, or the order of monks and nuns following his monastic rule.
- ‘He offers this volume, then, as an extended commentary on selected Basilian texts, one that takes account of modern developments in Basilian studies.’
- ‘He says that motto is applied by Basilian educators to athletics in order to ‘educate the whole person, in mind, body and spirit.’’
- ‘The Basilian Fathers is an international religious congregation of Roman Catholic priests and aspirants to the priesthood.’
- ‘The Basilian model of organized charitable and social work has been followed in more recent times.’
- ‘As one teacher said to me yesterday in a discussion about Basilian education, we have so many wonderful things to say and such a rich fountain of thought and tradition.’
A Basilian monk or nun.
- ‘This land was offered to the Basilians on the condition that they erect a parish church along with a college.’
- ‘It was a private school administered by the Basilians and as such it did not receive any government grants.’
- ‘In 1958, the Basilians assumed responsibility for the community and the parish was renamed St. Basil's.’
- ‘The Basilians were responsible for the missions in Alberta.’
- ‘He has accepted to co-ordinate the invitation to Basilians in the area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.