Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The initial period of training for new personnel, involving intense physical activity and behavioral discipline.
- ‘It should also be noted that during the basic training period new applicants are recruits rather than serving soldiers.’
- ‘He underwent basic training for the Royal Marines but decided a military career was not for him.’
- ‘To qualify for basic training, cadets must meet a range of physical measurements.’
- ‘If qualified mentally and physically, you then go to boot camp for basic training.’
- ‘Many soldiers are counting down to their last day in the military from the first few hours at basic training.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.