One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fielder designated to cover first, second, or third base.
- ‘Along the way, he set league records for most home runs and RBI by a second baseman.’
- ‘The fatigue factor was greatest for throwing infielders - second basemen, third basemen and shortstops.’
- ‘Are there any current major-league third basemen you model yourself after?’
- ‘Would big-league baseball tell second basemen they can't make a play on the shortstop side of the bag?’
- ‘That entails getting a first basemen, second basemen, left fielder, and more if possible to create a better lineup.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.