One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fundamental unit that is defined arbitrarily and not by combinations of other units. The base units of the SI system are the meter, kilogram, second, ampere, kelvin, mole, and candela.
- ‘This is actually a very common ‘computer science’ problem, and can be easily solved by standardizing the base unit of time.’
- ‘In the metric system, the base unit of weight is the gram; in the avoirdupois system, it's the pound.’
- ‘The base unit for M-MESes was the Spear, each with five M-MESes.’
- ‘The seven base units of the SI system, each of which is used for a particular physical quantity, are shown in figure 1.’
- ‘Individual starch grains were used as the base unit of analysis for these experiments (as opposed to analysing the positions of entire amyloplasts).’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.