One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The straight-line path from one base to the next, along which a base runner travels while a play is being made.
- ‘He didn't do much running on the base paths last year, but he hopes to this season.’
- ‘Why does a long fly ball, and the ensuing slow jog around the base paths, captivate us like no other play in the game?’
- ‘In two and a half years, North was in the major leagues, wowing everyone with his speed in center field and on the base paths.’
- ‘And, his skill on the base paths, while not always recorded in the box score, helped the Dodgers win games.’
- ‘If we wanted to measure how fast you knock guys around the base paths, we could use OBP with runners on base.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.