One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fair ball hit such that the batter can advance safely to a base without aid of an error committed by the team in the field.
- ‘Palmeiro has slapped what would be base hits, but the ball has rolled directly to the second baseman's new location.’
- ‘Before each series, we go over scouting reports that show where the other team's base hits go.’
- ‘Carillon sent 10 batters to the plate in the seventh scoring four runs on four walks, two base hits and two errors.’
- ‘Consider an outfielder who cleanly fields a base hit and returns the ball to the infield.’
- ‘I got a base hit in the top of the eighth inning to put us ahead 1-0.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.