A group of structures linked to the thalamus in the base of the brain and involved in coordination of movement.
- ‘Superimposed on this reflex arc, are suprasegmental modifying influences from the brain stem, cerebellum, basal ganglia, and cerebral cortex.’
- ‘Atrophy is most marked in the corpus striatum of the basal ganglia, including the caudate and putamen.’
- ‘In contrast, the drug responding group had additional changes, in some very specific brain regions: the brain stem, the basal ganglia, the hippocampus regions that are again deep structures.’
- ‘In each case, these sections included frontal cortex, basal ganglia, thalamus, hippocampus, midbrain, pons, medulla, and cerebellar hemisphere at the level of the dentate nucleus.’
- ‘No beta-APP-positive axons were detected in sections of frontal lobe, basal ganglia, cerebellum, pons, and spinal cord from 4 randomly selected, aged-matched control cases.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.