One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organelle that forms the base of a flagellum or cilium.Also called kinetosome
- ‘Perl cells inspected at LDT 9 had one dense spot of staining near the basal body of the flagella and less-intensely stained particles elsewhere.’
- ‘Centrioles have the same structure as basal bodies, but have no transition zone.’
- ‘The co-overexpression of all four proteins led to overproduction of membrane-associated, partial basal body structures.’
- ‘It may imply some mechanical flexibility of the basal body structure against deformation in nanometer scales.’
- ‘This is the most general and primitive form of a complex of the nucleus with (usually four) basal bodies and associated flagella, microtubular tissues and fibers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.