One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Forming or belonging to a bottom layer or base.
basic, foundational, rudimentary, elemental, elementary, underlying, radical, rootView synonyms
- ‘These cells originate in the lower epidermis by division of basal cells in the basal layer.’
- ‘Cells are replaced from a basal layer of proliferating epidermal cells in contact with the basal lamina.’
- ‘Thus, for four of the five treatments, the ratios of basal leaf to root were similar.’
- ‘It was not clear whether the two central cells of the basal region of the stalk derived from the subepidermal layer or not.’
- ‘Alcohol withdrawal symptoms and a left basal pneumonia complicated his recovery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.