One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who mixes and serves drinks at a bar.
- ‘He goes to a saloon where the bartender is alone and asks him to change the bill.’
- ‘The decor is cool, the music is good, the drinks are great, and the bartenders aren't bad looking either.’
- ‘Jamie nodded at the bartender as he brought Jamie his drink, and downed it in one gulp.’
- ‘Typically, bartenders contend that their primary job is to make drinks and collect the money.’
- ‘The bartenders will make whichever drink of your choice, or invent a new one just for you.’
- ‘Please enjoy the game and don't forget to order a drink from one of our bartenders.’
- ‘One of the bartenders placed two drinks in a tall glass in front of Dai and Cooper.’
- ‘She saw his eyes slip away at the same time she was about to signal the bartender for more to drink.’
- ‘The drinks are served by caring bartenders, who really know their stuff.’
- ‘They also say changing the system will allow unscrupulous bartenders to water down drinks.’
- ‘Drinks and drafts were poured expertly, unusually for bartenders working in this neighborhood.’
- ‘The bartenders make good drinks and they always have quality music and good sound.’
- ‘He advises training bartenders to count the number of drinks that customers consume.’
- ‘The bartender poured a drink into a shot glass, and gave it to him.’
- ‘I went to a bar where the bartenders know me and would give me sympathy drinks for free.’
- ‘After midnight, the bartenders were drunk and were taking forever to make drinks.’
- ‘Drinks are prepared well by beautiful bartenders and aren't overly priced.’
- ‘She asked for a shot of Vodka and sat patiently as the bartender severed the drink.’
- ‘I ordered a drink from the bartender and sat at the bar waiting for the guys to start.’
- ‘The bartender dropped down our drinks and then went off to help the other bar patrons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.