One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who mixes and serves drinks at a bar.
- ‘The bartender dropped down our drinks and then went off to help the other bar patrons.’
- ‘She asked for a shot of Vodka and sat patiently as the bartender severed the drink.’
- ‘Drinks are prepared well by beautiful bartenders and aren't overly priced.’
- ‘The bartenders make good drinks and they always have quality music and good sound.’
- ‘He goes to a saloon where the bartender is alone and asks him to change the bill.’
- ‘They also say changing the system will allow unscrupulous bartenders to water down drinks.’
- ‘He advises training bartenders to count the number of drinks that customers consume.’
- ‘The bartenders will make whichever drink of your choice, or invent a new one just for you.’
- ‘The bartender poured a drink into a shot glass, and gave it to him.’
- ‘One of the bartenders placed two drinks in a tall glass in front of Dai and Cooper.’
- ‘Typically, bartenders contend that their primary job is to make drinks and collect the money.’
- ‘I went to a bar where the bartenders know me and would give me sympathy drinks for free.’
- ‘Jamie nodded at the bartender as he brought Jamie his drink, and downed it in one gulp.’
- ‘After midnight, the bartenders were drunk and were taking forever to make drinks.’
- ‘Drinks and drafts were poured expertly, unusually for bartenders working in this neighborhood.’
- ‘She saw his eyes slip away at the same time she was about to signal the bartender for more to drink.’
- ‘Please enjoy the game and don't forget to order a drink from one of our bartenders.’
- ‘The decor is cool, the music is good, the drinks are great, and the bartenders aren't bad looking either.’
- ‘The drinks are served by caring bartenders, who really know their stuff.’
- ‘I ordered a drink from the bartender and sat at the bar waiting for the guys to start.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.