One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tall padded stool for customers at a bar to sit on.
- ‘Taking a seat at the bar stool she ordered an ice water from the man tending the bar; watching as her friends resumed the game.’
- ‘He finds his way to a bar stool and orders a drink.’
- ‘Seated on a wooden bar stool, Selina shook her head slowly with his argument as she sipped from the tall glass of tea Nathan had fixed her.’
- ‘Find a sofa to slouch in, a bar stool to drink on or private booths to dine, drink or chat with friends in.’
- ‘I sat down on the bar stool and put my head in my hands.’
- ‘Moments later, Tara perched herself on a bar stool at the end of the table after delivering a plate of food to Zeke.’
- ‘She dragged me out of the bar stool and up the stairs.’
- ‘Adam sat on the bar stool at his favourite club having his favourite drink.’
- ‘She took a seat on a bar stool and waited for the bartender to assist her.’
- ‘I bet that you never thought I'd leave my bar stool to tell you.’
- ‘Rhea had been sitting on a bar stool, watching the conversation.’
- ‘Josh slid off the bar stool and gave Jamie a mock salute.’
- ‘Micah said nothing as Cole Pulaski took a seat on a bar stool and ordered coffee from Rebecca, the waitress.’
- ‘She took a seat on an empty bar stool ordering a drink.’
- ‘Tyler looked over at his best friend and brother-in-law seated on the bar stool to his right.’
- ‘Ice propped herself up on a bar stool and ordered a water.’
- ‘Jason was at a small table sitting on a bar stool alone.’
- ‘Stacie took a seat on a bar stool in the kitchen, as her mother continued to peel potatoes over the counter top.’
- ‘I take my bottle and make another painstaking walk through the crowd to an empty bar stool, throwing my bag down on the bench in front of me.’
- ‘The Saturday looked to be boring, as Sam and Katherine both sat on a bar stool, heads propped up in their hands and staring at the clock on the opposite wall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.