One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘That over-irrigation condemned Mesopotamia in West Asia, once the cradle of civilisation, to barrenness for the last three thousand years, does not deter them.’
- ‘God save us from such barrenness of imagination.’
- ‘Composting and re-cycling were a well-established part of their lives and they looked upon the soil as ‘something to be redeemed from rugged barrenness into smiling fertility and beauty’.’
- ‘Granted, deserts are teeming with life, but we typically associate notions of barrenness, emptiness, lifelessnessand other such ideas with ‘desert.’’
- ‘Townships were born, marked by their barrenness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.