One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘God save us from such barrenness of imagination.’
- ‘Townships were born, marked by their barrenness.’
- ‘That over-irrigation condemned Mesopotamia in West Asia, once the cradle of civilisation, to barrenness for the last three thousand years, does not deter them.’
- ‘Granted, deserts are teeming with life, but we typically associate notions of barrenness, emptiness, lifelessnessand other such ideas with ‘desert.’’
- ‘Composting and re-cycling were a well-established part of their lives and they looked upon the soil as ‘something to be redeemed from rugged barrenness into smiling fertility and beauty’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.