One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rodeo event (particularly for women) in which each competitor in turn rides their horse in a set pattern around three barrels in the fastest possible time.‘she competed in the barrel race with her horse Hank’
- ‘I'll be helping out behind the scenes, setting up the barrel for other competitors in the barrel race.’
- ‘She has been Barrel Racing for seven years and was Junior Barrel Race Champion in 2009.’
- ‘The streets are closed, the sun is shining, and once the great barrel race kicks off around the town square, you know the festivities have begun.’
- ‘And along with the high-risk, high-reward bounty challenge, there will be a series of cowgirl barrel races.’
- ‘About 20 juniors from the area will compete in the barrel races, and about 30 locals will participate in the steer rides.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.