A type of defect in optical or electronic images in which vertical or horizontal straight lines appear as convex curves.
- ‘Focusing the scopes on the distant brick wall with its very distinct vertical and horizontal lines, we checked for pincushion distortion (lines bowing in) and barrel distortion (lines bowing out).’
- ‘We detected no spherical aberration, astigmatism, barrel distortion, or rolling distortion during testing.’
- ‘No barrel distortion and no rolling distortion was present, however, I did note some pin cushion distortion.’
- ‘I noted no astigmatism, curvature of field, rolling distortion, or barrel distortion.’
- ‘We noted no astigmatism, curvature of field, barrel distortion, or rolling distortion.’