Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Large gray-brown North American owl with brown eyes and a barred pattern across the chest.
- ‘Under the Carolina Raptor Center's Project Barn Owl, nest boxes are being set up around Charlotte, North Carolina, to lure both barn owls and barred owls.’
- ‘The mature forest along Mattawoman is home to the barred owl and vibrantly colored songbirds.’
- ‘Scientists said the ‘removal’ experiment would be the best way to quickly determine whether barred owls are pushing spotted owls toward extinction.’
- ‘Within Myrtle Grove, the forest along Mattawoman Creek is home to the barred owl, various songbirds, wood ducks, and other waterfowl.’
- ‘We did hear owls in Owlsbury - a late-afternoon love duet by two barred owls.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.