One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A receptor sensitive to changes in pressure.
- ‘In addition to arterial baroreceptors, low-pressure baroreceptors exist and these respond to the degree of stretch of veins and the cardiac atria.’
- ‘When the baroreceptors sense the slightest drop in pressure, a coordinated increase in sympathetic outflow occurs.’
- ‘The vagus nerve transmits afferent signals from the aortic arch baroreceptors, regulating arterial pressure.’
- ‘Centrally, there is reduced density and sensitivity of the baroreceptors and a down regulation of sympathetic receptors.’
- ‘The decrease in cardiac output that occurs with heart failure is associated with a decrease in blood pressure that activates baroreceptors located in the aortic arch and carotid arteries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.