One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A receptor sensitive to changes in pressure.
- ‘When the baroreceptors sense the slightest drop in pressure, a coordinated increase in sympathetic outflow occurs.’
- ‘In addition to arterial baroreceptors, low-pressure baroreceptors exist and these respond to the degree of stretch of veins and the cardiac atria.’
- ‘The vagus nerve transmits afferent signals from the aortic arch baroreceptors, regulating arterial pressure.’
- ‘The decrease in cardiac output that occurs with heart failure is associated with a decrease in blood pressure that activates baroreceptors located in the aortic arch and carotid arteries.’
- ‘Centrally, there is reduced density and sensitivity of the baroreceptors and a down regulation of sympathetic receptors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.