One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘While the average barometric pressure on earth's surface is 1,013 millibars, the pressure at the center of the hurricane is 100 to 120 millibars lower.’
- ‘Yes, we are one of the coldest places in the world… also we have one of the highest barometric pressures,’ he said proudly.’
- ‘Well, for those of you who think we need a barometric reading on how Kerry reacts under pressure, now might be a better time than later, if you know what I mean.’
- ‘Some track barometric trends and sound an alarm at a preset elevation to prevent you from zipping past the point where you should veer left along a ridgeline.’
- ‘The anticipated temperature (in Fahrenheit and well as Celsius), rainfall, windspeed, barometric pressure and cloud cover are given, among other parameters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.