One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A barometer that records its readings on a moving chart.
- ‘The IQ-Compeo is a combined vario, GPS, full fledged flight computer, and datalogger / barograph.’
- ‘In spite of reports from many ships that the barograph was registering an almost vertical fall, the local weather station continued to forecast good weather.’
- ‘I would like to see declaration boards and photos gone and GPS / barographs in.’
- ‘Except as stated in 184.108.40.206, a barograph or approved flight recorder shall be used on all record attempts.’
- ‘There is a need for barograph approval standards.’
- ‘Here are the highlights: you can use any 3D GPS for your badge flights, or a 2D GPS accompanied by a barograph, or even an IGC flight recorder.’
- ‘Maxpunkte allows you to combine your barograph recording with your GPS tracklog.’
- ‘The explosion registered on seismic stations across Eurasia, and produced fluctuations in atmospheric pressure strong enough to be detected by the recently invented barographs in Britain.’
- ‘An air barograph recorded atmospheric pressures every 1.5 min at a fixed station during the gravity survey.’
- ‘2D is all that is needed because a barograph is also required, but not needed to be integrated.’
- ‘Lastly, I think that barographs in varios can be eliminated altogether with the use of 3D GPS.’
- ‘When Icarus finally acquired his Flytec Variometer, at a very affordable price I might add, he immediately noticed the barograph feature and insisted on trying it out that day.’
- ‘Today I received mail from Flytec in Switzerland with their barograph data format description and forwarded this to Dietrich Münchmeier the author of Maxpunkte.’
- ‘There is absolutely no need to insist on 3D GPS traces, provided that the claimant can also supply an approved barograph trace.’
- ‘It was pointed out that approved barographs for badge & record flights have not been updated since 98 / 99.’
- ‘Flytec Pilots will have loaner barograph equipped instruments available.’
- ‘I have also carried out IGC-standard barograph calibrations including for the then UK gain-of-height and absolute altitude records.’
Mid 19th century: from Greek baros ‘weight’ + -graph.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.