One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The industry matured from barnstormers to its ubiquitous place in modern life at great cost in private and public money, as well as crashed planes.’
- ‘I've also stunned myself by loving a Faithless record - alright, Mass Destruction sounds like Black Steel by Tricky, but that doesn't stop it being a full-on barnstormer of a tune.’
- ‘By 21, he was a married barnstormer, touring with his own company nine months of the year.’
- ‘The Utterly Butterly barnstormers wowed the crowds with their daring aerobatics on top of the biplanes.’
- ‘Lindbergh started his aviation career as a barnstormer, a trick pilot who performed stunts for audiences in the 1920s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.