One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A paramedical worker with basic medical training working in a rural district in China.
- ‘Beijing can boast of a series of innovative public health schemes such as the ‘barefoot doctor’ program that brought basic health care to the most remote regions of China.’
- ‘These practices can be found in different times and places, including traditional Chinese, Tibetan and herbal folk medicine, midwifery and the barefoot doctors of 20th century China.’
- ‘Across remote villages, it dispatches so-called barefoot doctors armed with first-aid kits and drugs to combat dysentery.’
- ‘I didn't realize that there were still barefoot doctors around in China.’
- ‘Schuftan's approach mirrors the experience of the barefoot doctors in China in the 1960s and 1970s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.