One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A paramedical worker with basic medical training working in a rural district in China.
- ‘I didn't realize that there were still barefoot doctors around in China.’
- ‘Beijing can boast of a series of innovative public health schemes such as the ‘barefoot doctor’ program that brought basic health care to the most remote regions of China.’
- ‘These practices can be found in different times and places, including traditional Chinese, Tibetan and herbal folk medicine, midwifery and the barefoot doctors of 20th century China.’
- ‘Schuftan's approach mirrors the experience of the barefoot doctors in China in the 1960s and 1970s.’
- ‘Across remote villages, it dispatches so-called barefoot doctors armed with first-aid kits and drugs to combat dysentery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.