An armless chair with a curved metal frame and padded leather cushions.
- ‘He is seated on a black leather Barcelona chair, designed by the great Mies Van der Rohe.’
- ‘I'm not saying the designs are bad, it's just that they should look somewhere else, just as I wouldn't compare that armchair to the Van der (no pun intended) Rohe Barcelona chair.’
- ‘His furniture designs are elegant, to the point of coolness, and his famous Barcelona chair, which he designed in 1929, influenced the International Style of the 1930's.’
- ‘But there are full-size chairs here as well, including a cream-coloured Barcelona chair and Ron Arad's Tom Vac.’
- ‘The left panel bears a silkscreen of Johnson's blueprint for the placement of furnishings by Mies van der Rohe in the Glass House: two Barcelona chairs, an ottoman and a chaise, and a glass-and-steel coffee table.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.