One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An armless chair with a curved metal frame and padded leather cushions.
- ‘But there are full-size chairs here as well, including a cream-coloured Barcelona chair and Ron Arad's Tom Vac.’
- ‘The left panel bears a silkscreen of Johnson's blueprint for the placement of furnishings by Mies van der Rohe in the Glass House: two Barcelona chairs, an ottoman and a chaise, and a glass-and-steel coffee table.’
- ‘He is seated on a black leather Barcelona chair, designed by the great Mies Van der Rohe.’
- ‘I'm not saying the designs are bad, it's just that they should look somewhere else, just as I wouldn't compare that armchair to the Van der (no pun intended) Rohe Barcelona chair.’
- ‘His furniture designs are elegant, to the point of coolness, and his famous Barcelona chair, which he designed in 1929, influenced the International Style of the 1930's.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.