Ringworm of the face or neck communicated by unsterilized shaving apparatus.
- ‘The condition of barber's itch itself is often confused with multiple ingrown hairs that often occur naturally in people.’
- ‘A couple of days and the barber's rash should clear up.’
- ‘In the days when men went to the barber daily for a shave, tinea barbae was called barber's itch.’
- ‘A variant form of impetigo is called barber's itch because it is often acquired in barber shops.’
- ‘Pure sandalwood oil soothes chapped skin and barber's rash while comfrey, calendula, and aloe calm irritations.’