One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A short-coated sheep with a long neck ruff, found in the high deserts of northern Africa.Also called aoudad
- ‘Commercially grown and wild populations of Barbary sheep are legally hunted in New Mexico and Texas.’
- ‘A lone cheetah, a lone tiger and an African lion and a couple of lionesses are no more exciting than small herds of kangaroo, deer, giraffe or Barbary sheep.’
- ‘I became interested in exotic animals - things such as orangutans and Barbary sheep, or aoudads.’
- ‘A Barbary sheep with a badly overgrown hoof was also seen by Minett, the affected foot ‘clearly causing it intense pain’.’
- ‘Distinct from other species of wild sheep, the Barbary sheep has a mane of long, soft hair on the throat, chest and upper forelegs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.