One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A diagram in which the numerical values of variables are represented by the height or length of lines or rectangles of equal width.
- ‘Colorful bar graphs track the gas consumption.’
- ‘Once people have grasped the concepts, the bar graphs can be used in financial planning and accounting.’
- ‘These are combined and shown both in actual numbers and as ratios in the bar graph.’
- ‘High-speed computers convert imagery into a bar graph that charts the pixels, dots of pure black to pure white and all of the grays.’
- ‘Spring vs fall sales were also compared using stacked bar graphs.’
- ‘Indeed, an accompanying bar graph illustrated what many of us have suspected all along.’
- ‘The height of the columns varied, allowing the work to appear like a meandering bar graph.’
- ‘This concept is represented in a bar graph pictured in the students ' workbooks.’
- ‘I always find that it helps to have eye-catching, multicolored graphics such as pie charts, bar graphs and compliance scorecards.’
- ‘In general, the results showed that proportion and scaling had an asymmetric integral relation for stacked bar graphs.’
- ‘The above bar graph shows the shift in education of new Alberta RN graduates over the past decade.’
- ‘Bar graphs are often used to compare related data at a given point in time.’
- ‘Just in case I still thought this a trivial trend, Komlos put a final bar graph in front of me.’
- ‘Clicking on the bar graph at the top of the page allows you zoom in on smaller time periods, right down to a single month.’
- ‘These can be replicated by bar graphs.’
- ‘In newspapers, magazines and on television, we are overwhelmed with statistics; writers report deaths in numbers, disease in bar graphs and crimes on flow charts.’
- ‘By now, they should all have made a simple bar graph.’
- ‘Actually, I wasn't guessing; I've seen your bar graphs, or ones like them, before.’
- ‘We did line plots, bar graphs, and box-and-whisker plots using paper and pencils and graphing calculators.’
- ‘However, we really need to look a bit more closely at the bar graph.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.