One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An arrangement made with a bank whereby one may deposit and withdraw money and in some cases be paid interest.
- ‘You just have to hand over your personal details and some of your money to a certain bank account.’
- ‘I don't understand them but they seem to put some money into my bank account every month.’
- ‘Yes, well since I'm not Pablo Escobar could they perhaps put the money in my bank account?’
- ‘Thus, his Lordship continued, money stolen from a bank account can be traced in equity.’
- ‘An inquiry at the academy found an unauthorised bank account and unauthorised deposits.’
- ‘No catches, no tricks, just give the word and the money goes into my bank account.’
- ‘The Council went to court to get him declared bankrupt and a judge made an order for them to take the money from his bank account.’
- ‘I once had a large sum of money deposited into my bank account by mistake.’
- ‘So why don't they just put that money into a bank account and only use it for emergencies?’
- ‘We also kept a substantial sum of money in our Thai bank account ready for that rainy day.’
- ‘He did not turn up for work at Ryalux Carpets on Queensway and he has not withdrawn any money from his bank account.’
- ‘Once PayPal has your bank details it deposits two small security amounts into your bank account.’
- ‘They must have the money paid into a bank account, or open a Post Office Card Account and then withdraw the cash.’
- ‘I have also transferred a ridiculously large amount of money to my solicitor's bank account.’
- ‘Neither Leeson nor any other War Child employee at any time put any money into a personal bank account.’
- ‘Children put their pocket money into a bank account to save up to buy a bicycle.’
- ‘It will fund its activities by taking money from your bank account whether you like it or not.’
- ‘PayPal then transfers the money electronically to your bank account or posts it to you as a cheque.’
- ‘We just need to transfer the whole amount of the money into your private bank account.’
- ‘If they want an acknowledgement, they're going to have to wait until my money is in my bank account.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.