One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Number 3 seems banally sensible, until you read Howard's closing statement.’
- ‘And often it's an entirely banally insignificant spot.’
- ‘Say what you want about her often banally produced records; live, Jewel's a gem of a solo performer who's both self-aware and truly, outrageously funny.’
- ‘(All banally true, but in the context of the programme, it was a sudden outbreak of sensitivity).’
- ‘Children may be the future, as the authors banally point out, but adults are the people who decide the direction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.