Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A loose overcoat with raglan sleeves.
- ‘A clear winner was the’ knee-length mink balmacaan, worn over the shoulder, backed by hand-painted camouflage.’
- ‘Shirtdresses, trench coats, pea jackets, car coats, balmacaans, jean jackets and jeans are eternally youthful in spirit… and appropriate for every age and season.’
- ‘I was quite taken with her coats, with the plaid balmacaan being particularly lovely.’
- ‘There is a major trend toward silver this season, so there are trench coats and balmacaans in silver, but that's not the only choice.’
- ‘Traditional men's haberdashery fabrics will continue their rise, cut into curvy female figure-friendly pantsuits, French-cuffed shirts, balmacaans and trench coats.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.