One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of catheter incorporating a small balloon which may be introduced into a canal, duct, or blood vessel and then inflated in order to clear an obstruction or dilate a narrowed region.
- ‘Balmes and colleagues also performed peripheral airway lavage using a modified balloon catheter to isolate specific airway segments.’
- ‘In carotid angioplasty the stenosis is dilated by using a balloon catheter introduced percutaneously through the femoral artery.’
- ‘Once stents are in place, the balloon catheter is removed and more images are taken to see how well blood flows through your newly widened artery.’
- ‘An 11.5-mm balloon catheter was introduced through the papilla and inflated alongside the filling defect.’
- ‘Cutting balloon angioplasty utilises a standard balloon catheter with three or four microblades (depth 0.18 mm, thickness 0.70-0.76 mm).’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.