One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical widening of a blocked or narrowed blood vessel, especially a coronary artery, by means of a balloon catheter.
- ‘We now can take these children to the cardiac catheterization laboratory and perform balloon angioplasty of the narrowed valve.’
- ‘Coronary artery restenosis after balloon angioplasty or stent implantation remains a major limitation to the long-term success of these procedures.’
- ‘Cardiovascular surgeons may use ‘cool’ lasers as an alternative to heart bypass surgery and balloon angioplasty.’
- ‘They pry open clogged blood vessels with balloon angioplasty and stents, the wire tubes to keep them open.’
- ‘All lesions were predilated with balloon angioplasty before stent implant.’
balloon angioplasty/bəˈlo͞on ˈanjēəˌplastē/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.