An instrument for recording the movements of the body caused by ejection of blood from the heart at each beat.
- ‘A ballistocardiograph is a device, including a supporting structure on which the patient is placed, that moves in response to blood ejection from the heart.’
- ‘This is caused by the compliance between subject and ballistocardiograph as well as by that between the latter and the surroundings.’
- ‘These can be used to produce a ballistocardiograph by suitable differentiation and/or integration.’
- ‘The heart measurement of a chicken embryo takes place by means of a ballistocardiograph as regards technology.’
- ‘A ballistocardiograph chair, designed to look like a normal office chair, was built and fitted with pressure sensitive EMFi-films.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.