One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A player in possession of the ball and attempting to advance it.
- ‘They all could run right through a ball carrier or bury a quarterback.’
- ‘They refused to allow their opponents into an easy scoring position and when they stole the ball the rest acted as support players for the ball carrier.’
- ‘You'll be lucky to get out of the backfield with your ball carrier, but at least you won't be able to complete as many long bombs.’
- ‘He can drop the hammer on a ball carrier, and he can ballhawk a pass when he gets the chance.’
- ‘The defense consistently over-pursued the ball carrier and failed to contain the outside.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.