One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In my experience, they were all and one fattish, baldish with bowed legs.’
- ‘He was a big, burly, baldish man, patient and good-natured, but given to blank trances of absence of mind.’
- ‘All bravado, Miguel rushes to her rescue, scooping up a three-inch, striped insect with threatening jaws and a large, baldish head that looks eerily human.’
- ‘Fred himself is adorable; he's got a great crinkly smile and a baldish head and is incredibly photogenic in his overalls, limping through verdant pastures.’
- ‘The baldish guy in his conservative suit and tie looked like he wanted to crawl under the table.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.