One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique for highlighting hair in which the dye is painted on in such a way as to create a graduated, natural-looking effect.‘she specializes in balayage, color corrections, restyles, and extensions’
- ‘The balayage technique provides ultimate control over color application and allows for less outgrowth and more contrast in the hair.’
- ‘The result was a streaky, uneven disaster, not the beautiful gradual change of a balayage.’
- ‘My stylist doesn't know how to do baliage - maybe I'll have to try someone new.’
- ‘Scrivo and her staff practice balayage, color, and makeup application in the beauty boutique.’
- ‘After months of growing my hair out, I decided to add some subtle balayage color and trim the ends.’
- ‘The best part about balayage is that it can be done on all kinds of lengths, either long or short.’
- ‘Balayage recreates a sun-kissed feel to hair colour that grows out very softly and looks very natural.’
- ‘The balayage technique can be used on any color of hair from blonde and brunette to red.’
- ‘I am considering going to a salon that offers balliage highlights.’
- ‘I'd heard about the balayage technique, but after a disastrous run-in with bleach as a teen I was afraid of highlights and thought I'd be better off boring brown.’
French, literally ‘sweeping’, from balayer ‘to sweep’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.