One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tab on a control surface of an aircraft which reduces the amount of force needed to move the control surface by moving in the opposite direction.
- ‘After a safe landing, it was found that both elevator spring balance tabs had started to flutter and had torn away.’
- ‘The V-tail is all moving with anti balance tabs to provide both trimming and feel.’
- ‘When weight is added in each repair, the aircraft's balance may be so disturbed that trim and balance tabs may have to be adjusted.’
- ‘The primary flight controls are mechanically operated surfaces with integral balance tabs.’
- ‘Aerodynamic balance tabs and balance panels assist in the operation of the ailerons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.