One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A statement of the assets, liabilities, and capital of a business or other organization at a particular point in time, detailing the balance of income and expenditure over the preceding period.
book, account book, record book, register, registry, logView synonyms
- ‘An injunction does not appear on the debit side of the balance sheet as a liability.’
- ‘As mortgage debt plays a big role in equity value, it is worth looking at the balance sheet.’
- ‘They now have to carry the value of their derivative contracts on the balance sheet.’
- ‘The amount or value of an asset is, of course, a credit on the asset side of the balance sheet.’
- ‘The idea of the personal balance sheet was a key part of our Investment Workbook.’
- ‘We are also running a business with simple economic facts and a balance sheet.’
- ‘There are still losses in some areas but the company appears to have its balance sheet under control.’
- ‘It also removes fixed-property assets from the balance sheet to the pension scheme.’
- ‘When a company buys a computer, the expense goes onto its balance sheet and the cost gets depreciated over its lifetime.’
- ‘Is the company whose stock you own carrying more debt than the balance sheet is showing?’
- ‘You have to have a strong balance sheet and be careful of heavy capital expenditures.’
- ‘A deduction was also made for the negative working capital existing on the balance sheet.’
- ‘It was not listed as an asset of the business in the partnership balance sheet.’
- ‘Closer examination of the balance sheet revealed an increase in capital employed by the company.’
- ‘The group has a superior balance sheet to many of its competitors.’
- ‘They don't want to put anything on the balance sheet that may turn out to be worthless.’
- ‘If you are expanding, how do you see that expansion affecting your balance sheet on an annual basis?’
- ‘The basic premise is that each of us, as individuals or household units have our own balance sheet.’
- ‘Curiously, this liability does not have to be shown on the balance sheet.’
- ‘As a result the company has a very low asset base that negatively affects its balance sheet.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.