One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The People's Forum has welcomed the announcement by the Vice-President that Cabinet has approved amendment of the law relating to theft of motor vehicles to make the offence bailable.’
- ‘No bail must be granted for non bailable offences.’
- ‘Though it is not known as to whether the couple have been brought to the book as necessitated by law, the offence nevertheless, is bailable.’
- ‘Why is it so easy for a judge to issue a bailable warrant for arrest, before any investigation has been conducted into the charges against the accused?’
- ‘Public Prosecutor told the court that the offences of threatening and insulting a woman's modesty are bailable, so there is no need to grant anticipatory bail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.