One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A day on which everything seems to go wrong, characterized as a day on which one's hair is particularly unmanageable.
- ‘‘I need a man who knows how to wield a drill, and to know a little bit about bad hair days and cramps,’ says one high-maintenance gal quoted in the article.’
- ‘Now, I have bad hair days when my hair doesn't ‘do’ right.’
- ‘We all have bad hair days but up until I reached the big 3-0, every day of my life was a bad hair day.’
- ‘Keeping your hair short is definitely the simplest way to limit bad hair days.’
- ‘Rather than bad hair days, they have bad hair lives.’
- ‘It was a wonderful Saturday morning, no signs of storms, not a bad hair day, everything was perfect.’
- ‘You lucky ones who boast a full head of coarse hair shouldn't be complaining about bad hair days.’
- ‘Tying it secure, he thanked the Lord his head was devoid of hair, not having to worry about a bad hair day.’
- ‘These people have stuck by me through my highs and lows, my breakups and breakouts, my good hair days and bad hair days.’
- ‘The media's keenness to highlight the ordinariness of celebrities - their bad hair days, their spots, their grocery shopping - only increases the idea of the accessibility of fame itself.’
- ‘From Delilah's Samson to the small boys who scream at the mention of a haircut, there seems to be a special male relationship with hair, and, certainly, if every day's a bad hair day, something must be done.’
- ‘But sports stars are not immune from bad hair days.’
- ‘How many bad hair days can one woman be expected to endure?’
- ‘Although we both dress badly, and we have continual bad hair days, there's one crucial difference.’
- ‘Though I know it's getting old for you, imagine what it's been like for me. 49 + bad hair days in a row over the last 7 weeks.’
- ‘We all have bad hair days, but this was something way beyond that.’
- ‘I do not enjoy my back aching, my legs feeling like they are fashioned from lead, the spots, more bad hair days than you could shake a stick at and a stomach that feels like it has ‘gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson’’
- ‘Good hair day or bad hair day, there you are, every weeknight at 10: 00 p.m.’
- ‘It's the age of celebrities in Britain, where showbiz weddings, bad hair days and fashion faux pas have become weekly fodder for glossy magazines.’
- ‘Les responded at the CBS press conference a few days later that Donald must have been having an unusually bad hair day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.