Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for os penis
- ‘The males have a well-developed baculum with a total length of around 72 mm.’
- ‘The following morphological measures were obtained from each otter: body length, total length (nose to tip of tail), baculum length, testicle width (in millimeters), and body weight (in kilograms).’
- ‘Many male mammals have a baculum or penis bone that aids in reproduction.’
- ‘Like some other mammal taxa, but unlike rabbits and other lagomorphs, male rodents have a baculum (penis bone).’
- ‘Male viverrids have a baculum.’
1930s: modern Latin.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.