Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Treat with bacteria.
- ‘The seed dry weight and yield for each variety were also significantly higher in bacterized seedlings than in nonbacterized ones.’
- ‘Singular mistflower bacterize the laudatory Tulostomatales with molecular mattress.’
- ‘There was 14-70% increase in the number of tillers in the bacterized plants compared to the non-bacterized control.’
- ‘We added 1 ml of ion-supplemented bacterized culture medium to each well of a set of screening plates numbered to match those containing the mutant cell clones.’
- ‘Cells were grown at 27° or 18°, as indicated, in grass infusion, bacterized with Klebsiella pneumoniae the day before use, and supplemented with 0.4 g/ml ß-sitosterol.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.