One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The presence of bacteria in the urine.
- ‘This multicenter trial initially enrolled 421 children who were one to 24 months of age and had a fever and pyuria or bacteriuria in a catheterized urine specimen.’
- ‘The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends screening every pregnant patient for asymptomatic bacteriuria using a urine culture.’
- ‘All pregnant women, especially those who have diabetes and had a previous UTI, should be screened for asymptomatic bacteriuria during the first prenatal visit.’
- ‘Fortunately, asymptomatic bacteriuria and bladder infections can usually be found and treated before the kidneys become infected.’
- ‘In the absence of symptoms, chronic bacterial prostatitis is sometimes discovered by the presence of bacteriuria.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.