Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The presence of bacteria in the urine.
- ‘Fortunately, asymptomatic bacteriuria and bladder infections can usually be found and treated before the kidneys become infected.’
- ‘The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends screening every pregnant patient for asymptomatic bacteriuria using a urine culture.’
- ‘All pregnant women, especially those who have diabetes and had a previous UTI, should be screened for asymptomatic bacteriuria during the first prenatal visit.’
- ‘This multicenter trial initially enrolled 421 children who were one to 24 months of age and had a fever and pyuria or bacteriuria in a catheterized urine specimen.’
- ‘In the absence of symptoms, chronic bacterial prostatitis is sometimes discovered by the presence of bacteriuria.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.