One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A protein present in the bacterium "Halobacterium halobium" that transports protons across the cytoplasmic membrane when illuminated.
- ‘Internal structural water molecules seem to play an important role in proton conduction in membrane proteins like bacteriorhodopsin, the photosynthetic reaction center, and cytochrome-c oxydases.’
- ‘The membrane protein bacteriorhodopsin, a light-driven proton pump, is a very suitable protein to study proton transfer.’
- ‘A new approach to the three-dimensional structure of membrane proteins has been developed and tested on the integral membrane protein, bacteriorhodopsin, the crystal structure of which had previously been determined.’
- ‘The integral membrane protein bacteriorhodopsin acts as a light-driven proton pump in the purple membrane of Halobacterium salinarum.’
- ‘Even native, isolated pigment proteins like bacteriorhodopsin have been investigated for their applicability as optical switches.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.