One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A protein present in the bacterium Halobacterium halobium that transports protons across the cytoplasmic membrane when illuminated.
- ‘The membrane protein bacteriorhodopsin, a light-driven proton pump, is a very suitable protein to study proton transfer.’
- ‘A new approach to the three-dimensional structure of membrane proteins has been developed and tested on the integral membrane protein, bacteriorhodopsin, the crystal structure of which had previously been determined.’
- ‘Internal structural water molecules seem to play an important role in proton conduction in membrane proteins like bacteriorhodopsin, the photosynthetic reaction center, and cytochrome-c oxydases.’
- ‘Even native, isolated pigment proteins like bacteriorhodopsin have been investigated for their applicability as optical switches.’
- ‘The integral membrane protein bacteriorhodopsin acts as a light-driven proton pump in the purple membrane of Halobacterium salinarum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.