One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See backseat driver
- ‘I don't think this particular bit of back-seat driving is correct.’
- ‘But back-seat drivers and back-seat driving are variations of the same expression.’
- ‘If others are riding with you, encourage back-seat driving.’
- ‘Whatever assessment one makes of the term of a leader who has enjoyed a long and mostly undisturbed innings, it is less easy to forgive back-seat driving designed to sabotage his or her successor.’
- ‘How many of us love back-seat driving, even when we love the people who're doing it more than life itself?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.