One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rod terminating in a clawed hand for scratching one's own back.
- ‘I do occasionally visit such shops but don't always remember that I want this backscratcher.’
- ‘Neither defect seriously detracts from the looks of this backscratcher.’
- ‘‘Oh look Amy your drink came with a backscratcher,’ Jake noted.’
- ‘It foreshadows the surrealists, as he shows the monkeys playing in the jungle with a backscratcher and a milk bottle, trappings of civilisation in the savage world.’
- ‘With a bendable handle this backscratcher can reach the lower or upper part of the back with minimal effort.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.