One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mechanical excavator that draws toward itself a bucket attached to a hinged boom.
- ‘It is designed specifically for fueling excavators, backhoes, and other diesel-engine vehicles in the field without spillage.’
- ‘On any construction site you see hydraulically-operated machinery in the form of bulldozers, backhoes, shovels, loaders, fork lifts and cranes.’
- ‘The operation of other implements, like post-hole diggers and backhoes, can also benefit from the reverse seat operation.’
- ‘The latter was a 10-week-long field course in which students learned how to operate bulldozers, backhoes, excavators, loaders, skid-steers, and graders.’
- ‘He says another major problem with construction equipment is boom failures on backhoes and excavators.’
- ‘Engineers guided a small backhoe / loader into the site and started to clear larger pieces of debris.’
- ‘He said backhoes and excavators were being utilised to help put out the blaze, which has been smouldering for more than four days.’
- ‘What may be ideal for a contractor is the availability of several machines at a project - a backhoe loader, skid-steer, excavator, and telescopic handler, for example - with one or two operators who can run them all efficiently.’
- ‘The loaders complement the backhoe and excavators, improving productivity and bringing in more business.’
- ‘Noise ordinances in cities and other sensitive areas are leading to quieter hydraulic breakers and demolition attachments for excavator and tractor-loader backhoes.’
- ‘He mounts it on a Cat 350 excavator or a backhoe, and he most often fits it with shear blades.’
- ‘Whether you've got a backhoe or an excavator, more than likely you've got to move that piece of heavy iron from your yard to a job site.’
- ‘The company manufactures a family of steel mechanical locking devices designed specifically for skid-steers, skid-steer attachments, backhoes, excavators, and trailer hitches.’
- ‘Earth movers, excavators, backhoes, and bulldozers rely on hydraulic fluids to lift, move, scrape, and dig.’
- ‘He watched as the bucket of the backhoe was removed from the hole, revealing a contorted broken pipe sticking out of the bottom of the hole.’
- ‘In load and haul applications, for example, should you use excavators, wheel loaders or backhoes to fill the trucks?’
- ‘At SVCC, Jones explains, the heavy-equipment training facility has 14 of each of the following: dozers, backhoes, excavators, motor graders, and loaders.’
- ‘Invest $8,000 or so and you can have a backhoe that will excavate 10 ft. or deeper, depending on make and model.’
- ‘For most of yesterday morning, more than 20 blind and vision-impaired people remained trapped in the building, surrounded by trucks, backhoes and excavators.’
- ‘Each person selects one piece of equipment to focus on, choosing from loader backhoes, excavators, wheel loaders, crawler tractors, and motor graders, but participants also get a chance to operate the remaining equipment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.