One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Prolonged pain in one's back.
- ‘This is a practical experience workshop and participants can learn to alleviate backache, tension, etc.’
- ‘Many women suffer prolonged backache, headaches, tingling and numbness as a result of the injection.’
- ‘Obese people are also prone to other lifestyle diseases like arthritis, backache, heart trouble and shoulder problems among others.’
- ‘Williams is slumped over a desk, complaining of backache.’
- ‘Low backache and lower abdomen pain are common complaints and fever may accompany these symptoms.’
- ‘An excellent form of stress release, yoga helps slow down an overactive mind while at the same time toning up the body, removing toxins, relieving pains, backache and injuries.’
- ‘The technique is used to help patients suffering from backache, headaches and panic attacks, plus a range of chronic diseases.’
- ‘I travel 77 miles to work and find the seats are hard and give me backache.’
- ‘The most common forms of chronic pain are headaches, backaches, arthritis and residual sports- or car-accident injuries.’
- ‘She suffered from backache, high blood pressure and asthma and was tired all the time.’
- ‘Those suffering from knee problems, backache and arthritis get specialised workouts.’
- ‘She also becomes addicted to painkillers that she claims are for backache and headaches.’
- ‘Rabie was suffering from chronic backache and a friend referred him.’
- ‘Although some amount of backache is normal, severe back pain is not.’
- ‘How your backache affects you depends on how you react to the pain and what you do about it yourself.’
- ‘You get backache from leaning over the table for so long.’
- ‘Research also indicates that yoga helps alleviate the discomfort associated with backache, PMS, headaches and arthritis.’
- ‘It's so important for me to be able to walk in these as they would not give me anymore backache and improve circulation in my legs.’
- ‘More than six million people already look after a relative and research shows almost half of those who care for others will suffer their own health problems, such as depression or backache, as a result.’
- ‘Ever wondered why you constantly struggle with backache, headache or colds?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.