One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A past issue of a journal or magazine.
- ‘I loved the magazine and bought all the back issues.’
- ‘There don't appear to be any full text articles from back issues of the magazine available online, but an index is available to facilitate ordering.’
- ‘Specific topics can be located by using the search engine to scan back issues from the past few years.’
- ‘No subscription is necessary to access these back issues.’
- ‘As editor I frequently receive calls from individuals looking for back issues of The Chronicle.’
- ‘So I went to the college library and started to go through the volumes of back issues.’
- ‘We're very keen to retain our print dimension, and part of this will be to make it easier to buy back issues of the magazine.’
- ‘I took out a subscription, sent for the back issues and continued to subscribe until it folded about ten years later.’
- ‘And can I interest anyone in a nearly complete set of nine years worth of back issues, numbers 212 through 444?’
- ‘Order extra copies of back issues to pass around to your friends, family or coworkers, or get them a gift subscription.’
- ‘I was tempted to order a bunch of back issues to add to my mountain of unread design publications, but the pocketbook bleeds.’
- ‘You may also review back issues of journals that are not indexed within these databases.’
- ‘Next to the chest of drawers, in a pile that will eventually grow taller than the chest of drawers sit back issues, week after week after week of back issues.’
- ‘Please send me a list of available back issues of Plantlife magazine.’
- ‘This site was initially started to provide a handy archive of back issues, along with articles (and the occasional web-only special).’
- ‘I still have all my issues, and I ordered quite a number of back issues, as well.’
- ‘I have also just started a subscription to Organic Gardening and got the March edition along with two back issues.’
- ‘Their web site is also an excellent resource for books, videos and back issues of the magazine.’
- ‘Check back issues of Threads magazine for how-to's on these and other techniques.’
- ‘In fact, if you have a large supply of recent back issues of such magazines, why not lend them a few copies?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.