One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A past issue of a journal or magazine.
- ‘I still have all my issues, and I ordered quite a number of back issues, as well.’
- ‘You may also review back issues of journals that are not indexed within these databases.’
- ‘Specific topics can be located by using the search engine to scan back issues from the past few years.’
- ‘Order extra copies of back issues to pass around to your friends, family or coworkers, or get them a gift subscription.’
- ‘We're very keen to retain our print dimension, and part of this will be to make it easier to buy back issues of the magazine.’
- ‘As editor I frequently receive calls from individuals looking for back issues of The Chronicle.’
- ‘And can I interest anyone in a nearly complete set of nine years worth of back issues, numbers 212 through 444?’
- ‘I loved the magazine and bought all the back issues.’
- ‘No subscription is necessary to access these back issues.’
- ‘In fact, if you have a large supply of recent back issues of such magazines, why not lend them a few copies?’
- ‘Next to the chest of drawers, in a pile that will eventually grow taller than the chest of drawers sit back issues, week after week after week of back issues.’
- ‘Their web site is also an excellent resource for books, videos and back issues of the magazine.’
- ‘I have also just started a subscription to Organic Gardening and got the March edition along with two back issues.’
- ‘Please send me a list of available back issues of Plantlife magazine.’
- ‘This site was initially started to provide a handy archive of back issues, along with articles (and the occasional web-only special).’
- ‘So I went to the college library and started to go through the volumes of back issues.’
- ‘Check back issues of Threads magazine for how-to's on these and other techniques.’
- ‘I took out a subscription, sent for the back issues and continued to subscribe until it folded about ten years later.’
- ‘I was tempted to order a bunch of back issues to add to my mountain of unread design publications, but the pocketbook bleeds.’
- ‘There don't appear to be any full text articles from back issues of the magazine available online, but an index is available to facilitate ordering.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.